POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Re: [Tribute] Gilles Tran Bookshelves : Re: [Tribute] Gilles Tran Bookshelves Server Time
6 May 2024 16:33:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Tribute] Gilles Tran Bookshelves
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 26 Oct 2003 00:32:12
Message: <3f9b4e4c@news.povray.org>

news:3f9abba9$1@news.povray.org...
> Hehehe :)
>
> Well, I kind of assumed that it was my responsibility to render the scene.
> I can tell you that when I added the fire place it took something like
> 6 hrs more to render "our room".
> That's on a P4 2,667 GHz with 512 MiB DDR 333 RAM.

I  don't know why. The fire place itself renders in 5 minutes here
(AthlonXP 1700Mhz, 512 MB DDR 333 Ram).

Apart from that, and this tries to be constructive criticism,
IMO the floor is too reflective in your image
(i don't know if it is related with the render time),
and the separations between the planks that make the parkett
are not visible.

> I will look into it later. Right now I'm adding the new objects to the
scene
> and I will render it over night.

Waiting to see the next version.

> /Stefan